Friday, June 22, 2012

YOLO-A Popular New Internet Slang

This word yolo got me confused and baffled while I was reading something in my Google Reader account. I could not make it out what the author meant by yolo and I had to find out it's meaning from Google. If any of you have also been starring the word with amusement, please go read ahead and solve the mystery.    

The awkward looking word YOLO is actually a internet language slang that is most of the time used to say "You Only Live Once" in short form.

A Slang style word is part of that trend among online user who are constantly typing something and need to type everything fast and in short.

Almost all of you may have,heard,seen or used the word LOL, which again is a slang(acronym/abbreviation) of "Lough Out Loud".

The trend of using slang is very old and quite popular online. Some of the sites even claim that there are more than eight thousand such acronym words existing and are being used online.

No comments: